Individuals who make the important decision to include the Tahoe Fund in their estate plans through wills, trusts, life income gifts, retirement plans, life insurance policies, and other vehicles are part of a special group of people. We recognize and celebrate these important gifts through the Legacy Circle.
Legacy Circle Benefits
- Recognition for your planned gift in our materials. Anonymity is guaranteed for those who wish to keep their gift private.
- Invitations to Special Events.
- Name engraved at the site of a Tahoe Fund Project to leave your legacy on the shores of Lake Tahoe.
Legacy Circle Legal Services
For those with a projected commitment of $10,000 or more, we have arranged for pro bono legal services to be available to you through our partnership with Jeremy L. Krenek, Esq., and the law firm of Lakeside Lawyers, PLLC. Donors making a projected gift of $10,000 or more will receive legal services on a pro bono basis for the preparation of a simple amendment.
Donors needing more complex estate planning services in order to make the bequest, or simply require a review of an existing bequest to the Tahoe Fund, will be provided with one hour of pro bono legal services directly relating to the Tahoe Fund bequest and discounted legal services in accordance with the following schedule:
- For gifts of $10,000 – $100,000 Next 2 hours discounted
- For gifts of $100,001 – $500,000. Next 3 hours discounted
- For gifts of $500,000+ Next 4 hours discounted
Donors needing additional legal services will be provided those services at the discounted rate of $350 per hour. Jeremy L. Krenek’s current billing rate for non-discounted services is $425 an hour.
Pro bono legal services are subject to conflict check procedures directly with the Lakeside Lawyers, PLLC.