In anticipation of our 10 year anniversary, the Tahoe Fund Board spent the better part of last year reflecting on the work of the organization, what we do well, what we think we can do better, and what we want to accomplish for the next five years. The result is our new five year Tahoe Fund Strategic Plan.
Thanks to the wonderful support of our donors, and great partnerships with the public agencies, we accomplished more than we ever expected to in our first 10 years. With an eye toward the next 10 years, we have developed a plan that we feel will allow us to expand our impact and help us live out our new mission to use the power of philanthropy to improve the Lake Tahoe environment for all to enjoy.
While this plan was created before COVID-19, the increased demand on our natural resources by a public that is eager to enjoy the beauty of Tahoe during a pandemic makes the plan and our work even more relevant.
To download an overview of the new Tahoe Fund Strategic Plan, click on the picture below.
The Tahoe Fund envisions a Lake Tahoe where the natural and human environments are in balance and a growing community of passionate supporters enjoy and cherish this mountain treasure.
To use the power of philanthropy to improve the Lake Tahoe environment for all to enjoy.
Innovation, Collaboration, Stewardship, Sustainability, Leadership, Inspiration
What We Do
The Tahoe Fund plays many roles in the Tahoe Basin, in collaboration with local, State, Federal partners and others: convener, catalyst, funder, advocate and spokesperson.
- We fund environmental enhancement projects through private donations.
- We convene key stakeholders to facilitate dialogue and problem solving. We add value by being neutral, inclusive and innovative.
- We are a catalyst for Basin-wide projects and early efforts when there is a need to assist and build momentum. We are sometimes in a visible leadership position, but more often than not, we provide the support needed to bring projects to fruition.
- We advocate for public funding and strategic policy changes which advance our mission and the goals in this plan.
- We build awareness for the stewardship and care of the Tahoe Basin with residents and visitors.
To fulfill this vision, the Tahoe Fund has identified the following organization goals to be implemented with Basin Agencies and Partners:
- Goal #1 – Forest Health:
Drive innovative solutions to increase the pace and scale of forest restoration.
- Goal #2 – Lake Clarity/Water Quality/Lake Health:
Utilize our unique strengths to complement and support key stakeholders’ efforts to improve lake clarity, water quality, and lake health.
- Goal #3 – Sustainable Recreation:
Be a catalyst for sustainable outdoor recreation that will improve quality of experience and equity of access, while minimizing impacts on natural resources in Tahoe.
- Goal #4 – Stewardship:
Inspire more people to take care of Tahoe.
- Goal #5 – Transportation:
Contribute innovative solutions to current and future transportation efforts.
- Goal #6 – Successful Organization
Build the human and financial resources to make our vision a reality.