As 2021 draws to a close, we want to send out a big thank you to all our supporters. Because of you, we are able to continue to improve the Lake Tahoe environment for all to enjoy.
Some highlights of what you made possible in 2021:
- With our partners, we began the largest invasive plant removal project in Tahoe’s history.
- We funded new technology to increase the pace of wildfire mitigation.
- We celebrated the groundbreaking of the new Spooner Lake Visitor Center and Amphitheater.
- We helped provide opportunities for underserved youth to experience the outdoors while preparing them for life’s challenges in the SOS Outreach mentorship program.
- We met our funding goal to build a new Tunnel Creek Singletrack trail.
- Take Care Tahoe launched a new ambassador program to educate visitors and promote responsible recreation.
- We celebrated the opening of the new Outdoor Learning Center at the Lake Tahoe Wildlife Center.
- We exceeded our fundraising goal to send campers from Camp Wamp, a camp for children with disabilities, on field trips to the East Shore Trail.
- The ribbon was cut on the Lily Lake Trail, Tahoe’s newest trail.
- We provided Search and Rescue teams funds to improve their efficiency and educated the community during Backcountry Safety Awareness Week.
- We partnered with the Homewood Marina to install the first electric boat charging station on Lake Tahoe.
Thank you for showing us the true power of philanthropy. With your help, we can accomplish even more in 2022. Cheers to a happy, healthy, and productive new year!