The Tahoe Fund is committed to improving Lake Tahoe for future generations.
In 2018 we made a lot of progress toward our goal.
BECAUSE OF YOU!
We would also like to thank and acknowledge the great work of our many many partners who work so hard to make these great projects happen.
2018 Highlights Include:
• The acquisition of Johnson Meadow
• 15,000 new trees were planted at the site of the Emerald Fire
• Construction is now 85% complete on the East Shore Tahoe Trail (formerly named Incline to Sand Harbor Bike Path)
• Sugar pine cones collected last year are now growing healthy and strong
• A beautiful section of trail in Desolation Wilderness is being improved
• Hundreds of bike racks were installed around Lake Tahoe
• The Incline Flume Trail was restored and reopened
• The Dollar Creek Shared Use Path opened, adding 2.2 more miles of trail around the Lake
• Benches on the newly re-routed Lighthouse Trail were installed at a beautiful vista point
• The Take Care website launched
• More Bottom Barriers were installed to help improve Lake clarity
• $29M in public funding was secured through CA Prop 68