The Tahoe Fund is seeking a superstar Executive Assistant to work in a fast-paced environment supporting the work of the CEO, board of directors and other team members. We are searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant who will also be a Donor Champion. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a 501(c)3 organization that is making a difference in the Tahoe Basin.
In this role, you will be the right-hand to the CEO, ensuring the Tahoe Fund continues to successfully expand its mission across Tahoe. You will also play a critical role as a Donor Champion, working closely with the organization’s donors to ensure their wonderful support of the organization is met with equally wonderful client service.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Donor Relations:
- Process donations and prepare for entry into Quickbooks
- Enter donations into Salesforce and maintain a complete log
- Prepare donation acknowledgement letters and invoices
- Track donation special requests (In honor of, In memory of)
- Handle event RSVPs and attend and support various events
- Provide administrative support for Founders Circle Dinner
- Prepare annual donation lists for annual report
- Salesforce Database:
- Responsible for database operation and maintenance, including installation of 3rd party apps (Conga, Click, Pledge, Eventbrite) and maintenance of online donation portal page
- Data entry
- Run reports for CEO and Accountant
- Prepare donation and donor lists for annual report, event guest lists and campaigns
- Manage Click and Pledge Event registration
- Financial Assistance
- Reconcile Salesforce with Quickbooks on a monthly basis
- Pull files for annual financial review, audit, and 990
- Provide purchase receipts and details to bookkeeper
- Assist with grant reporting
- Schedule and coordinate all Board and Committee meetings including AV/GoToMeeting
- Record meeting minutes at all board and executive committee meetings
- Maintain an organized filing system
- Answer phone calls
- Coordinate office maintenance with Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation staff and Wired Solutions
- Develop handbook for office processes and procedures
- Other related duties as defined by the CEO
- Two plus years working as an Executive Assistant
- High School Diploma
- Positive credit and MVR report
- The ability to quickly learn new programs and work independently on multiple projects
- Detail oriented with solid and accurate data collection skills
- Microsoft Office-Word and Excel
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Ability to communicate in a friendly manner to staff, donors, volunteers and board members via phone, email and in-person
- Be a natural leader who is positive, genuine and passionate
- Possess a high degree of diplomacy
- Have a passion for the local community and Tahoe Fund’s mission
- Possess a collaborative spirit of excellence
- Possess extensive and proven experience interacting with high level contacts, including board members, and key community stakeholders
- Adept at time management
- Experience in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce database
- A sense of humor
- Willingness and enthusiasm to support Tahoe Fund events and activities
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Flexible hours and friendly work environment
- Simple IRA retirement benefit
- Health insurance
- Great team, dynamic culture, meaningful impacts
- Our office hours are typically Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. We value your work/life balance and use flexible scheduling to accommodate activities when representing the Tahoe Fund at public events outside the standard office hours on evenings and weekends.
WHO ARE WE?
The Tahoe Fund was founded in 2010 to restore and enhance the Lake Tahoe environment by building broad support and funding for critical environmental improvement projects that restore lake clarity, improve recreation and inspire stewardship in the Basin. Founded by leaders representing many diverse interests in the region, the Tahoe Fund is the first and only nonprofit dedicated to raising private dollars for environmental improvement projects.
Tahoe Fund donors have provided support to more than 25 environmental improvement projects around the Tahoe Basin. These projects include new sections of bikeway that will one day go all the way around the Lake, critical watershed restoration projects that will improve Lake clarity, forest health projects to reduce the risk of wildfire, transportation projects and stewardship projects that teach everyone to take better care of Tahoe.
WHERE WE OPERATE
Office environment working out of the Tahoe Fund office space in the Donald W. Reynolds Center in Incline Village, Nevada. As a normal course of business, this position will require some overtime and travel around the Tahoe Basin.
Interested candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject.